What characteristics must the materials used for track etching film production have?
Issuing time:2023-11-15 11:52
There are many types of materials used in the production of track etching films, such as polycarbonate (PC), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), polyimide (PI), polypropylene (PP), polystyrene (PS), polyethylene (PE), other materials include polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF), polylactic acid (PLA), cellulose acetate and various other polymer materials. So, what are the characteristics of using these materials to make track etching films? Let’s make a summary with the most commonly used PC and PET materials:
1. Track formation ability. PC and PET have strong impact resistance, pressure resistance and high temperature resistance. They can withstand physical damage that may occur during the track etching process and form clearly visible tracks. These tracks are formed by high-energy particles ( It is formed by selectively etching polymeric materials through paths such as ions or radiation.
2. Chemical resistance. PC and PET have good resistance to many chemicals, including acids and alkalis. This is important for track etching because the etching process usually uses corrosive solutions to selectively dissolve along the For the polymer material of the track, chemical stability is the most important factor in material selection.
3. Mechanical properties. PC and PET materials have good tensile strength and dimensional stability. The filter membrane itself is thin. The membrane material must maintain integrity during handling and processing and have ideal mechanical properties so that the membrane can Withstands the etching process without significant distortion or damage.
4. Transparency, PC and PET are both transparent materials, and traces formed during the etching process can be easily visualized and analyzed. The transparency of the film allows researchers to study and measure characteristics of the tracks, such as length, width and density.
5. Processability, PC and PET are easy to process, can be easily made into the required thickness or shape, and can realize the production of various types of track etching films.
6. Availability and cost, PC and PET are widely used in the market and are relatively cost-effective compared to some other materials. This availability and cost-effectiveness make them attractive choices for orbital etching applications, especially in in research and industrial settings.
From the above analysis, it can be seen that the materials that can be etched have outstanding characteristics. In addition, in the selection process, in addition to considering the characteristics of the material, the type of particles to be tracked, the required tracking characteristics (such as size) , density), the chemical and thermal environment, and the intended application of the etched film are also necessary considerations. It is very important to select a material that has the necessary characteristics and is compatible with the intended use of the film.